PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. Provides patient care as directed by Registered Nurse.
1. Promotes St. John Medical Center’s (SJMC), Nursing Departments and Unit’s mission and philosophy statements through action, word and behavior.
2. Promotes customer focused work environment.
3. Performs assigned tasks within SJMC policy and legal guidelines.
4. Has complete understanding of medical center fire and safety procedures as contained in the fire and safety manual and as pertains to the unit. Demonstrates competence in drills and in attitude.
5. Provides for patient privacy, exercises discretion and assures confidentiality at all times.
6. Reports any significant positive or negative changes in the patient’s condition to the appropriate person (s).
7. Acts as patient advocate.
8. Practices cost effective use of supplies.
9. Conducts with restraint social conversation within work setting. Confines phone calls to breaks and lunchtime.
10. Professionalism: Participates in the advancement of nursing practice through continuing education, self-development and supporting nursing philosophy.
11. Responsibility: Demonstrates commitment to vocation and employer by participating in the development of and assuming compliance with policy/procedure and quality improvement goals.
12. Interpersonal Relationships and Communication: Demonstrates ability to consistently maintain positive working relationships with others and facilitates written and verbal communication through appropriate channels.
13. Clinical Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrates proficiency in application of clinical knowledge and skills as it applies to patient care activity and the ability to carry out technical skills in a safe efficient manner under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
14. Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
15. Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
16. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
17. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Previous Certified Nursing Assistant experience is preferred.
• State of Washington Nursing Assistant Certification is required (Note: Employees hired prior to October 1, 1997 may qualify for this position with a Registered Nursing Assistant designation from the State of Washington).
• BLS for Healthcare Providers is required.
Location: Longview, WA
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Shift Length:12 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at:$14.59
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Longview, WA || CNA/LPN/MA || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS