Associate Director of Nursing
In the tradition of our namesake, Saint Elizabeth Seton, the staff of the Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center is dedicated to providing top quality care to children who have complex medical and rehabilitative needs. We are an $80 million healthcare system with a new state-of-the-art facility in Yonkers, New York. In expanding our continuum, we are seeking to add to our healthcare team an Associate Director of Nursing for full-time days.
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this position has responsibility for managing the day to day operations related to regulatory requirements, supervision of Team Leaders and house supervisors, staffing office, per diem nurses, and the MDS nurse. Candidate will participate in the planning, implementing and evaluation of services provided by the Nursing Department insuring quality cost-effective care for all residents in accordance with professional standards and regulatory requirements. Will also assume full responsibility for the nursing department in the absence of the Chief Nursing Officer.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establishing a program to monitor and effectively evaluate and improve documentation, compliance to New York State Department of Health of rules and regulations including but not limited to, MDS, investigations, incident reports, medication errors.
- Monitoring per diem scheduling requirements and makes adjustments as necessary to insure patient care standards are maintained.
- Working collaboratively with Physicians, Rehabilitation Therapists, Creative Arts and other members of the interdisciplinary Neighborhood Team members to develop and review and policies and procedures.
- Actively participating in survey readiness program.
- Conducting regular medication pass audits and documentation audits, provides data on compliance to audit requirements and establishes a systematic and regular program to improve performance in collaboration with the Team Leaders.
- Conducting regular purposeful rounds with clinical team members to allow opportunity for observations of the Neighborhood and for interaction with staff, residents and families.
- Working collaboratively with other Pediatric Center personnel to provide quality care to the residents.
- Performing additional diverse duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree required.
- NYS RN License.
- BCLS, PALS, IV Certification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a long term care facility in a management position, preferably as an assistant director of nursing or progressive leadership experience in Nursing Administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a unionized environment
- Expertise in long term care rules and regulations, survey requirements, MDS and ability to perform detailed accurate investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility for the Nursing Department in the absence of the Chief Nursing Officer.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity.
For more information and to apply online, visit www.setonpediatric.org.