Date:Jul 18, 2014
Location:Canon City, CO, US
St. Thomas More Hospital, a 55-bed acute care facility, is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding southern Colorado communities. St. Thomas More offers 24-hour emergency and trauma services including inpatient acute care, intensive care unit, The Birth Center, diagnostic imaging, surgical services, rehabilitation services, sleep disorder center and a community blood bank. St. Thomas More was rated five stars for joint replacement and is among the top 15% in the nation for total joint replacement by Healthgrades® (2008 to 2010). Our board-certified physicians specialize in emergency medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology services, general surgery, orthopedic surgery and osteopathic treatment. Associates of St. Thomas More enjoy the camaraderie of a close-knit community hospital, the relaxed feel of small town life and an affordable cost of living in a town rich in culture and historic architecture. Located about 50 miles from Colorado Springs at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and the mouth of the Royal Gorge, locals and visitors alike enjoy this area for some of the state’s best hiking, wildlife and river sports like rafting and fishing. Learn more about our hospital and life in Southern Colorado by visitinghttp://www.stmhospital.org/.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 5956
Responsible for developing, achieving and maintaining the goals of a unit or department by focusing on the unit or department’s daily operations. Consistently promotes a positive work environment by being visible and available to all levels of staff and customers. Collaboratively works with nurse leaders in maintaining productivity, supporting hospital initiatives and ensuring units/departments are appropriately staffed. Will assist in identifying staff development needs with an emphasis on evidence based practice and education.
The Assistant Nurse Manager’s (ANM) Clinical Coordinator’s annual performance review is dependent upon departmental goals and outcomes achieved along with the key performance indicators of the team the ANM directly supervises. Key performance indicators will include but are not limited to:
- Patient Satisfaction improvement/stabilization
- Productivity- meeting unit based financial targets
- Core measures- improve and maintain a _90% bundle score
- Narcotic oversight- zero tolerance for breaches
- Medication Safety- zero tolerance for breaches
- Red Rules- zero tolerance for breaches
- Patient Hourly Rounding- consistently performed
- Associate Rounding-every associate, every month
- Active participation/implementation in facility or unit based councils and committees as assigned by unit leader
- Physician Nurse rounding-consistently performed in inpatient areas
- BSN preferred
- Must achieve and maintain appropriate facility identified national certification within one year of becoming ANM
- Current Colorado RN License
- BLS certification from American Heart Association
- Additional Life Support Certifications per Department Standards; e.g. NRP, EFM, TNCC, etc.
work experience requirements
- 3 years total RN experience required
- 2 years experience in specific department focus preferred
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Responsible for supervising a group of six staff (minimum) as defined by department leader
- Provides patient care as required
- Demonstrates commitment to the role as evidenced by attendance at all assigned ANM forums and assigned leadership development courses. Attendance at optional leadership development and clinical specialty education is an expectation of self-directed professional growth.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market:Colorado Springs
Job Segment:Medical, Rehabilitation, Orthopedic, Nursing, OB/GYN, Healthcare