LVN - SJPA
|Facility:||St. Joseph Family Medicine (University Drive)|
|Department:||PBC - SJP FAM MED UNIVERSITY|
|Shift:||Monday - Friday, plus rotating weekends|
- Escorts the patients to exam rooms, takes vital signs and obtains medical data (patient history, symptoms, reason for visit) pertinent to the patient`s visit to expedite patient care.
- Observes and reports to the patient's provider any symptoms and complaintsÂ that could be pertinent to diagnosis treatment decisions to assist physician.
- Gathers, sets up and assists provider in performing variety of patient procedures to maximize patient outcome.
- Screens calls for provider, responds to messages from patients and other callers, calls in refills and administers injections as ordered to assist the provider.
- Provides the patients/family with pertinent educational materials to promote health awareness.
- Orders medical and pharmacy supplies as needed and maintains inventories and records pertinent to medical supplies, medications and drugs in accordance with the policies and procedures for the practice to maintain inventory.
- Prepares, cleans and packages instruments for transport to St. Joseph for sterilization as outlined in the policy and procedure for the instrument decontamination to maximize infection control.
- Fills in for others and performs other duties as assigned to assist other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.