PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Family Practice Main (4000)
Under the supervision of an RN, the LPN provides direct nursing care, within the scope of their license, to patients as directed by the physicians and other healthcare providers. Cooperative decision making is expected in the execution of duties.
1. Implement and evaluate patient care under the supervision of an RN. Participates in the development of a patient-specific care plan.
2. Provide direct patient care including administering of medications and treatments as prescribed.
3. Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
4. Delegates, prioritizes, requests and accepts guidance and assistance from others to assure delivery of care in a safe and timely manner.
5. Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
6. Assists in the transporting of patients, specimens, supplies and equipment and in the maintenance and stocking of supplies and equipment to assure optimal functioning of the department.
7. May triage patient phone calls, counsel patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program required.
• A minimum of one year clinical experience as an LPN preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
• Current licensure as an LPN in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• ACLS, PALS, TNCC, ENPC may be required.
• Basic computer skills required including familiarity with MS Office applications
• Must have cooperative working and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to function independently.
• Proficient with IV’s
Location: Eugene, OR
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Work Type: Full Time
Salary range starts at:$17.37
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Licensed Practical Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || CNA/LPN/MA || Full Time || FAMILY PRACTICE SVCS