PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Sterile Processing (3170)
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. This position is responsible for the cleaning, decontamination, and sterilization of instruments and supplies.
1. Cleans, decontaminates and sterilizes instrumentation and supplies.
2. Collects, disassembles, cleans and disinfects instrumentation used in procedures.
3. Reassembles instruments and packages appropriately.
4. Operates a variety of sterilization equipment.
5. Monitors and documents sterilization parameters.
6. Cleans and maintains department equipment.
7. Understands and applies the principles of asepsis.
8. Restocks work areas and delivers instrumentation to appropriate departments.
9. Exemplifies excellent customer service and participates in the performance improvement activities.
10. Uses good stewardship when utilizing supplies.
11. Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
12. Participates in staff education and department meetings.
13. Regularly and appropriately utilizes computer to access email and training records and completes online education.
14. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
15. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Previous hospital or patient care experience is preferred.
• Medical terminology is preferred.
• Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others is required.
• Basic computer skill is required.
• Well organized, detailed oriented and self motivated is required.
Location: Longview, WA
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $14.91
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Longview, WA || CNA/LPN/MA || Per Diem/Relief || SURGICAL SVCS