PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Emergency UD (3200)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity to join the Emergency Department at University District as a Mental Health Tech!
This is a 32 hr/wk, day shift position.
This position participates with the nursing care team in providing quality, compassionate patient care with an emphasis on the care of the psychiatric patient.
1. Participate in the care, observation, and documentation of all psychiatric patients. This may include assisting with daily living activities; taking vital signs; collecting routine specimens; assisting with dressing; ambulating patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; may include attending and participating in group therapy.
2. Assisting nursing staff with seclusion and/or restraint. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
3. If assigned to the Emergency Department may assist RN with receiving psychiatric patients by ambulance or law enforcement and triaging these patients. Also may assist with transporting patients.
4. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
5. May be responsible for maintaining unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an EMT or CNA II program.
• College coursework in Psychology or other health related field preferred.
• One year experience in acute care facility or previous psychiatric experience preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
• Current state Certified Nursing Assistant II or EMT certification required.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• Ability to apply problem solving process
• Good time management skills
• Demonstrated skill with psychiatric patients
• Demonstrated competence with patient de-escalation, restraint and seclusion
Location:SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA; Other Technicians & Technologists
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $13.05
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Emergency Medical Tech B(asic) - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || CNA/LPN/MA; Other Technicians & Technologists || Part Time || EMERGENCY SVCS