Epic Ambulatory Training Manager Job
Date:Aug 22, 2014
Location:Vancouver, WA, US
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Process Design & Improvement (7805)
Manages and directs the EPIC Ambulator educational team and project plan including development and implementation of all EPIC training programs. Implements and documents training or performance support that assists caregivers in the delivery of safe, evidence-based patient care in a healing environment including mandatory training and orientation programs. Supports education strategies, planning, quality improvement and standardization. Collaborates across networks in sharing training materials and promoting standardization. Responsible for effective coordination and communication with network partners. Assures existing documentation and standardized training modules are maintained and updated, and facilitates and designs e-learning modules, instructional materials, system documentation and other training support for new products or modules.
3. Creates and implements the strategy for the development of e-Learning modules as necessary to support the overall training strategy.
4. Develops the strategy for the coordination of training logistics (courses, classrooms, registrations, timeframes, etc.) and long term caregiver development across PeaceHealth in collaboration with the other members of the project team, and department managers.
5. Manages and directs the training and supervising the Instructional Designers and Credentialed educators.
6. Lead, manage, and supervise assigned staff. Responsible to hire, train, mentor, schedule, and manage performance. Responsible for analyzing resource requirements of the department and developing recommendations for staffing levels with supporting justification documentation.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Organizational Development, Nursing Education, Healthcare Administration, Business or similar degree or combination of education and experience.
Master’s degree strongly preferred.
• Five years in Education, Organizational Development, or training related position is required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Obtain and maintain Epic certification
• Ability to travel
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posting Notes: Vancouver, WA || Human Resources; IT/Health Information Management || Full Time || QUALITY IMPROVEMENT