El Camino College
Posting Extended Close Date: 07/14/2014
Apply online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
The two-year Associate Degree Nursing Program approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, prepares students for entry-level employment as registered nurses in hospital and community settings. Teaching assignments will be available in the medical-surgical, obstetric, and pediatric areas of the program. Faculty will be responsible for supervising students in clinical learning experiences, supervising students in campus-based nursing practice labs, seminar groups, and nursing theory classes in the first or second year of the program. Faculty may have a teaching assignment in more than one course. The position requires participation in a variety of campus and divisional activities such as faculty meetings, student activities, office hours, and curriculum/instructional development. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview that will include a teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.
• Master's degree in Nursing AND
• Valid California Registered Nurse License or eligibility for California Licensure as a registered nurse, AND
• Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, and of individuals with disabilities.
• Recent teaching in a community college or clinical experience in an acute care facility demonstrating expertise in medical–surgical, obstetrics and/or pediatric nursing.
• Recent experience in more than one nursing discipline area is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience using student learning outcomes assessment to improve student learning, program review, and curriculum review.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract shall be for full-time, tenure-track teaching assignment for the 2014 – 2015 academic year, beginning August 21, 2014. A teaching demonstration will be required during the interview process. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), transcripts, fingerprint results, and tuberculosis examination as required. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, provide current tuberculosis test results, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present a valid Social Security card upon hire.
The starting salary ranges from $59,426 - $81,624 depending on education and experience. Excellent fringe benefits are included.
An applicant must submit the following by the closing date:
1) On line application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE pdf document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
5) Evidence of a valid California Registered Nursing License or eligibility for California Licensure as a registered nurse.
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application online.
If you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3474 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The college will be closed on Friday’s June 27 through August 1, 2014.