Saint Louis University Hospital
Diabetes Educator, full-time
- The Diabetes Educator works with all appropriate members of the health care team to ensure coordination of patient care of the diabetes population through the development and use of patient care and practice standards.
- Ensures that desired patient outcomes are achieved and that variances from established parameters are evaluated and addressed as necessary.
- Provides direct care and consult around discharge planning issues, and patient/family teaching. Responsible to develop, coordinate, and evaluate care and education provided within the hospitals diabetes management program.
- Utilizing current research, appropriate educational frameworks and learning needs assessments, this position will be responsible to implement and evaluate staff and patient education programs effectiveness.
- Serves as chair of hospital Diabetes Advisory Council to establish goals and plan for improvement. Goals are but not limited to optimal management of the diabetic patient, staff competency regarding diabetes management and patient satisfaction with the diabetes educational process.
- Provides and manages nursing care and assures program compliance with nursing staff, medical house staff physicians, and physician faculty members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Certified Diabetes Educator or matriculating toward certification
- At least 24 month's clinical experience in designated or related specialty
- Current Missouri Registered Nurse Licensure
- Diabetes knowledge base
- Coordination, organization and teaching experience
- Great Communication skills
- PI Team Leadership experience
Job : Educators/Specialists/Advanced Practice
Primary Location : MO-St. Louis
Hospital/Facility : 102-Saint Louis University Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : Days
Shift begin time: 8:00 AM