Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Adjunct teaching faculty instruct students and evaluate their progress to facilitate students in attaining their educational goals.
This is a part-time position.
1) Conduct assigned classes and/or labs
2) Prepare lessons
3) Provide course syllabus (which shall include grading standards, attendance policies, classroom behavioral expectations, course outline and contact information)
4) Verify student enrollment and submit grade sheets
If a lab is involved:
5) Prepare labs
6) Enforce lab safety procedures
Evaluate Student Progress
1) Keep accurate records of student performance
2) Provide students with timely feedback
Provide Student Assistance
1) Maintain office hours and voice-mail/e-mail communication
2) Refer students to student support services
3) Accommodate special needs students
1. Licensed as registered professional nurse in Illinois.
2. At least 2 years experience in clinical nursing practice.
3. A master's degree or higher with a major in nursing.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: https://jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50750
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.