|Number of Openings:||1|
|Job Title:||Registered Nurse: Cancer Care Unit- 0.9 FTE Nights|
|Department:||11710-Cancer Care Unit|
|Location:||Hospital Main Campus|
|FTE/Hours per pay period:||0.9 FTE (72 hours per bi-weekly pay periods)|
|Hours Per Shift:||12|
|Call Hours:||minimum 12 hrs every 6 weeks|
|Salary:||In Accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement|
|Job Description:||As an integral member of the Health Care Team, the RN functions within the Scope of Practice as defined by the State, the ANA Scope and Standards for Pediatric Nursing Practice, and adheres to Seattle Children’s policies/procedures and guidelines of care. Responsible for providing safe, family centered patient care. sing the Nursing Care Process, the RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in a collaborative method with the patient and patient’s family, significant others, and members of the health care team. May be required to provide supervision and delegation of tasks to Nurse Technicians, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Medical Assistants, and others as defined by the State Administrative Code. Assists in meeting Seattle Children’s strategic goals by incorporating the initiatives to support the strategic plans into the daily work, i.e. Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI), ART, etc.|
- One year acute care hospital RN experience is preferred.
- Active Washington State RN License or ability to obtain license.
- Must be able to start no later than 9/8/2014
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Basic Life Support CPR- BLS (American Heart Association Health Care Provider, American Safety and Health Institution Professional Level or American AED/CPR Association - Professional Rescuer) and ability to perform CPR. Current PALS certification will be accepted in lieu of the BLS either at time of hire or as an annual competency.
- Nurses may be asked to work over time occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (strongly preferred).
- One year of current pediatric hematology oncology and or Human Stem Cell Transplant experience as a RN.
- APHON chemotherapy/biotherapy provider certification
- CPON or CPHON certification