Job Objective: The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for the management of care (see below) of patients in Primary Care across the outpatient healthcare continuum. Works under the direct supervision of the CAO and supervising Primary Care Physician. Management of care includes the following:
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN THE SPECIALTY OF GASTROENTEROLOGY!
- Providing evaluation, diagnosis and treatment
- Health promotion and disease prevention-based goals for self-care skills
- Provide counseling and education
- Offer collaborative practice-based setting
- Provide risk assessment to families and community
- Primary and acute care level of intervention
Licensure/Certification: Nurse Practitioner licensure by Board of Registered Nursing of the state of California, and valid CPR from the American Heart Association
Experience: Experience with a Primary Care Physician or Emergency Department (preferred).