|LifeCare Hospitals of North Carolina Rocky Mount NC|
|General Summary: The Nurse Manager assists in the organization, development, management and administration of day to day nursing activities. The Nurse Manager remains active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.|
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Nurse Manager competency checklist.
2. In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, if applicable, reviews schedules to ensure adequate staffing on all shifts and units for the provision of safe, quality patient care.
3. Collaborates with the Director of Nursing, if applicable, to adjust staff as necessary by transferring individual staff members from one unit to another, arranging and approving necessary overtime and/or unscheduled shifts, calls in relief staff.
4. Ensures that rounds are made on all patient care units to determine adequacy of planning and implementation of care.
5. Assesses problem situations, and after thorough investigation, plans and implements corrective action.
6. Assists the nursing units in direct patient care as needed to ensure quality patient care.
7. Coordinates and facilitates all hospital activities in the event of a disaster, in accordance with the hospital’s Disaster Plan.
|Lifecare reserves the right at any time to delete or modify any of the job listings referenced on this site, including any modification of the benefits or compensation listed for such positions. The job listings on this site do not constitute an offer of employment or contract offer of any kind, but are intended solely as information concerning possible job positions with LifeCare as of the date such job listings were published. LifeCare does not guarantee that any of the jobs listed will be available at the time of any inquiry by a potential applicant, and LifeCare reserves the right not to fill or employ any person in any of the job positions listed. All applicants for any job positions are subject to any and all established preplacement procedures. Lifecare, in its sole discretion, shall determine any persons to whom offers may be made.|