Excellence isn’t just a word at Methodist Healthcare System. It’s what drives our staff each day and what makes us the most preferred healthcare provider for San Antonio and its surrounding counties. As San Antonio grows, so do we. In fact, we’re looking to expand our teams with exceptional professionals like you as we build for our future.
Methodist Healthcare System is proud to call San Antonio its home, the popular “Alamo City” because of two world famous attractions, The Alamo and the River Walk. The city is well-diversified and offers a resilient local economy and a good place to start a new career or raise a family due to the low cost of living in terms of housing and agriculture. If you are seeking a challenging and exciting career opportunity in a great city, join us in leading our vision to make San Antonio the healthiest city in the nation. Join Methodist Excellence today, it starts with you!
Director of Nursing - Adult Psychiatric
Reporting to the Senior Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Nursing is responsible for facilitating, coordinating and delegating the delivery of patient care and providing leadership and overall responsibility for the functioning of assigned clinical patient care/procedural unit(s). Responsible for 24 hours a day, this experienced professional will staff and manage patient care in each unit and act as a liaison between physicians and the patient care team, working cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers. The Director, Nursing models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy.
• Builds and maintains a high functioning team.
• Manages and provides guidance and direction to first line supervisors/charge personnel including interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivation of employees to achieve peak performance. Meets unit productivity targets.
• Manages and plans for unit and clinical activities including supervising the treatment and care of the patients.
• Organizes, directs, teaches and evaluates total nursing care within area of responsibility, including ensuring adequate staffing.
• Participates in the planning, development and management of operational and equipment budgets annually. Provides financial variance analysis reports in a timely manner. Reviews monthly financial statistics and plans expenditures according to budget limitations. Manages the ongoing implementation of approved plans.
• Anticipates the purchase or replacement of equipment with input from staff and physicians. Implements the equipment purchase process. Anticipates and recommends needs for added space and needed services not provided by the organization.
As our ideal candidate, you must support the Methodist Healthcare System mission and vision as well as possess:
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing; note: Current MHS employees who completed a Nursing Diploma or Associate’s in Nursing degree program who are currently in a Nurse Director position have until 1/1/2014 to meet BSN education requirements.
• 3 years recent RN acute care experience
• Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable)
• Preferred Master’s degree in Nursing or related field; 1-year management experience as a charge RN, clinical care manager/supervisor, or manager.
• Must have current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas. Must have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire.
Please submit your resume to Belinda.Villanueva@MHShealth.com or apply online at: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=01588-52996&lang=en&sns_id=gmail
Methodist Healthcare System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.