PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Surgical Oncology (2180)
PeaceHealth, St. John Medical Center is a 200 bed, level III trauma center, community hospital located in Longview, Washington. We have a great opportunity available for a RN with leadership experience for a Nurse Manager position for our 32 bed Surgical/Oncology department. The Surgical-Onc department primarly provides care to Surgical patients as well as Oncology and Pediatrics. The ideal candidate will have a min. of two years management experience and BSN. Previous nursing experience in med-surg is desired, previous hospital nursing experience and WA State RN license are required.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for leading, coordinating, directing and controlling all activities and personnel for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit (s).
1. Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and assistance to their families and visitors.
2. Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; financial well being; regulatory compliance; and patient care.
3. Responsible for annual goals and objectives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
4. Responsible for managing staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
5. Delegates and coordinates responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
6. Evaluates work performance and conducts annual performance assessments.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
• BSN required or actively enrolled in coursework to obtain within three years.
• Minimum of three years of management or supervisory experience preferred.
• Work experience which demonstrates progressive leadership responsibility i.e. in Charge Nurse or supervisory role.
• Demonstrate competence in area of expertise.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Washington is required..
• Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• ACLS may be required.
• Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
• Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience.
Location: Longview, WA
Job Category: Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other
Work Type: Full Time
Salary range starts at:$40.95
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Longview, WA || Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other || Full Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS