PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Family Practice St. John (4001)
PeaceHealth Medical Group in Longview, WA, is currently seeking RN candidates for a relief Clinic RN position in our Family Practice Clinic located at the St. John Medical Center campus. Previous Clinic RN experience preferred, WA State RN license and healthcare provider BLS through AHA is required.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in performance and relationships to others. Works closely with various clinicians and support staff in the delivery of efficient and effective patient care, including triage, education, assessment and direct patient care to patients served within PeaceHealth Medical Group. Ensures that care needs are met across the continuum of care by coordinating with other health care providers as needed.
1. Professionalism: Participates in the advancement of professional nursing practice through continuing education, self development, and contributes to the professional growth and development of other clinical staff.
2. Responsibility: Demonstrates commitment to the nursing profession and employer by participating in the development and assuring compliance with policies/procedures and quality improvement activities.
3. Interpersonal Relationships and Communication: Demonstrates the ability to consistently maintain positive working relationships with other employees and clinicians and facilitates written and verbal communication through appropriate channels. Promotes a customer-focused environment at all times.
4. Clinical Knowledge Competence: Demonstrates proficiency in application of clinical knowledge as it applies to patient care activity in a clinic setting and has the ability to carry out technical skills within the scope of licensure in a safe and efficient manner.
5. Planning: Plans individual patient care based on initial and subsequent patient visits. Evaluates interventions supporting patient treatment goals which are mutually agreed upon by the patient and clinician.
6. Implementing Patient Care: Demonstrates the ability to implement and deliver safe and efficient patient care to all patients, including recognition, documentation, and provision for the educational needs of patients and significant others.
7. Patient Care Evaluation: Assures evaluation and documentation of the patient’s response to the treatment plan based on clinical assessment of interventions.
8. Environment of care: Promotes a safety-conscious work force and maintains good housekeeping practices.
9. Demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
24. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
25. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Previous acute care experience is preferred.
• Previous experience working in a clinic setting is preferred.
• Currently licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Washington is required.
• Current Basic Life Support/CPR Certification is required upon hire.
• ACLS may be required within six months of date of hire.
• X-Ray registration for secondary service sites is preferred.
• Effective prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple clinical tasks at one time.
• Effective leadership skills with the ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment.
• Ability to work within a self-directed team setting.
Location: Longview, WA
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $31.50
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Longview, WA || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || FAMILY PRACTICE SVCS