|Weiss Memorial Hospital-Chicago,Illinois|
* Bachelors Degree preferred
The All-Star staff nurse (both Core and Per Diem) is responsible for fulfilling the requirements of the staff nurse role description. This role includes the assessment, planning, directing, coordinating, evaluating, and provision of direct care to specific groups of patients defined as Staffing Groups. The Staffing Groups are defined as:
Group 1: ICU & Emergency Department
Group 2: 4 NW Rehabilitation, 7 South Gero- Psychiatry, and 5 NW Geriatrics
Group 3: 3 South Telemetry, 4 South Joint University, 6 South Telemetry, & 8 South
The All- Star staff nurse will maintain the competencies and qualifications required for each Staffing Group and may be scheduled into multiple Staffing Groups if they maintain the appropriate competencies and qualifications for each Group.
1. Registered Nurse with current Illinois license, BSN preferred
2. CPR certification, must obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of hire; PALS certification preferred
3. Demonstrated organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
4. Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service delivery skills
5. Excellent experience leading and facilitating a wide variety of diverse patient groups required
6. Ability to assess needs, identify problems, explore alternatives and implement solutions.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with hospital policy and governmental regulations.
8. Knowledge of basic computer operations and use of word processing software
9. Ability to use audio/visual equipment, telephone and other clinical equipment for patient teaching.