Registered Nurse Med/Surgical Unit(Job Number: 01356-5071)
Work Location: United States-Florida-Miami-Kendall Regional Medical Center - Kendall
Kendall Regional Medical Center is a 412-bed, full-service hospital providing 24-hour comprehensive medical, trauma, burn, surgical, behavioral health and diagnostic services, along with a wide range of patient and community services. Kendall Regional Medical Center has been honored by being nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, a HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, The Joint Commission Certification as a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and most recently, by the Joint Commission as a "Top Performer" on key quality measures.
Isn't it time you were offered a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package that complements your lifestyle? Join the team at Kendall Regional Medical Center. Our award-winning hospital fosters an atmosphere that constantly rewards our nurses and clinical professionals for their commitment, while encouraging them to maintain a healthy lifestyle outside of work!
The Medical Surgical RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Experience in acute care setting, telemetry step-down preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Keywords: Medical Surgical Registered Nurse, RN, Step Down Unit, Step Down, SDU, PRN