ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
- Observes, identifies and collects data to identify nursing care needs of the patient and family.
- Correlates the medical plan of care with the nursing plan of care.
- Identifies and reports to the appropriate person(s) abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in the patient's condition.
- Develops patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others.
- Documents patient problems and nursing care needs of the patient and family/significant others
- Actively involves patient and family/significant others in planning patient's care.
- Develops short- and long-term goals for the patient and family/significant others.
- Identifies the need to involve other disciplines in the patient's care.
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission.
- Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Implements changes in physician's orders in a timely manner.
- Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
- Provides patient and family teaching.
- Proovides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient.
- Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy.
- Evaluates the patient's response to nursing care.
- Updates and revises care to be delivered as patient's needs change.
- Appropriately communicates changes and care given to other members of the health care team.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assumes leadership role and delegates nursing care.
- Assign tasks appropriately and guides team members based on their skills and abilities.
- Maintains awareness of legal aspects of hospital nursing.
- Conducts patient care conferences.
- Updates skills and knowledge and attends peers' patient care conferences.
- Assists in orientation and/or acts as a preceptor for new personnel.
- Sets goals and objectives with target dates.
- Participates in patient care Quality Assurance programs.
- Performs common nursing procedures in the car of the L&D patient.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and manage patient care assignments.
- Works toward proficiency in vaginal exams and determination of fetal position in preparation for fetal electrode placement and intrauterine pressure catheter.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policy and protocol for use of magnesium sulfate infusion and ability to deliver care to patients with pregnancy induced hypertension.
- Demonstrates ability to circulate for surgical cases in L&D operating room; utilizes aseptic techniques and principles correctly.
- Demonstrates ability to scrub for surgical cases in L&D operating room; utilizes aseptic techniques and principles correctly.
- Demonstrates ability to assist with sterile vaginal speculum examination.
- Demonstrates verbally and through chart documentation, an awareness of community and AWHONN standards of care.
- Demonstrates ability to make basic EFM strip interpretations and intervene.
- Maintains and stocks equipment and supplies daily.
- Attends four fetal monitor strip reviews per year (recommend minimum one attendance at monthly UCI Outreach or perinatology QRC.
- Successfully completes annual Neonatal Resuscitation classes.
- Attends current employee update and completes skill requirements for L&D yearly.
- Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain RN license in the state of California and current California R.N. license. Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, NRP certifications and Advance Fetal Monitoring.
- Minimum Experience: Must have at least one (1) year of recent Labor and Delivery Experience in an acute care hospital environment.
Note: You must meet all elements of the job requirements noted above and complete the People Answers portion of the application process.
Job : Obstetric/Women Wing/Labor & Delivery
Primary Location : CA-Fountain Valley
Hospital/Facility : 024-Fountain Valley Regional Hospital - Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type : PT2Y
Shift Type : Days