The Emergency Department PNP is professionally responsible to provide the patients with excellence of practice as demonstrated by competent, safe care mandated by standards set forth by St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children policies/procedures, nursing policies/procedures, JCAHO Standards, PNP Scope of Practice and Standards. The Nurse Practitioner is a member of a multidisciplinary team that provides clinical services within a model of family centered care, engages in research activities and educates multidisciplinary professionals. This PNP provides leadership for the staff of the Emergency Department and clinical management of patients cared for in the Emergency Department. The PNP practice takes place in the Emergency Department. However, St. Christopher’s extends practice privileges to other settings within SCHC when patients in those settings are in need of evaluation and acute intervention.
Skills & Abilities:
The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Nurse Practitioner shall be an integral part of the Emergency Medicine team, directly supervised by the Emergency Medicine physicians and Pediatricians in the Emergency Department.
1. Perform patient assessment, including physical examination on designated patients.
2. Present a medical plan to the Emergency Medicine or Pediatric Attending, based on initial and ongoing clinical assessment
3. After discussion with the Attending or in clinical situations that are protocol driven:
· Implement a medical management plan
· Initiate and coordinate appropriate consultation services and diagnostic interventions
· Initiate and coordinate appropriate therapeutic interventions
4. Relate to families and patients as a responsible member of the Emergency Medicine team and when appropriate as the designee of the Emergency Medicine Attending.
1. Assist in the education of house staff
· Supervise the performance of house staff as a designee of the Emergency Medicine/Pediatrician attending
2. Assist in the education of the nursing staff
3. Assist in the education of patients and families
Training & Education:
Masters in Nursing
Three year’s experience in an advance practice nursing role or prior pediatric intensive care experience
Licensure to practice as a registered nurse in Pennsylvania
License to practice as a certified registered nurse practitioner in Pennsylvania
BLS and PALS required
SCHC Medical Staff Privileges as an Allied Health Professional
Job : Educators/Specialists/Advanced Practice
Primary Location : PA-Philadelphia
Hospital/Facility : 483-SCHC Pediatric - Philadelphia, PA
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : Varied