Basic Unit Description:
The operating room performs all major and minor gynecological, ENT and Urology surgery performed in the hospital as well as outpatient appropriate procedures in the areas of Sports Orthopedic Medicine, Hand Surgery, Ophthalmology, and Plastic Surgery.
· Sinus Endoscopy
· KPT/YAG Holmium
Monday – Friday. No weekends and no holidays required.
8 or 10 hour shifts 7:00AM – 3:30PM / 7:00AM – 5:30PM
Inpatient call required ONLY for Ophthalmology procedures
· PA RN license REQUIRED
· 2 years of previous OR experience preferred
· Service specific needs: laparoscopic/arthroscopic preferred
- Prefer at least one year RN experience in a hospital setting.
- Graduate Nurses are welcomed at periodic intervals depending on preceptor availability
- Ongoing validated competency as required both generally and within unit parameters as they relate to the patient population needs.
- Ability to provide support to patient, family members and visitors in order to enhance comfort and security.
- Computer skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal/behavioral skills
- Customer service orientation skills in problem solving
- ACLS certification