Frye Regional Medical Center is a 355-bed acute care facility that has been serving the medical and health care needs of people living in Catawba County and central western North Carolina since 1911. Located in downtown Hickory, Frye now has a staff of nearly 1,500 professionals. The Frye team proudly delivers quality medicine and compassionate care with a focus on patient comfort and satisfaction.
At Frye, our Nursing jobs offer professionals the opportunity to work for an employer who focuses on two key areas: quality patient care and customer service. One of our top priorities is our commitment to our people. We offer programs that support that commitment. Nursing career opportunities with Frye offer professionals the latitude to move across the country with hospitals in 14 states from west to east coast. We offer competitive salary packages and a wide range of comprehensive benefits that include education reimbursement, online nursing educational opportunities and much more.
- Assessing the patient's physical and mental health including the patient's reaction to illnesses and treatment regimens.
- Recording and reporting the results of the nursing assessment.
- Planning, initiating, delivering, and evaluating appropriate nursing acts.
- Teaching, assigning, delegating to or supervising other personnel in implementing the treatment regimen.
- Collaborating with other health care providers in determining the appropriate health care for a patient but, subject to the provisions of G.S. 90- 18.not prescribing a medical treatment regimen or making a medical diagnosis, except under supervision of a licensed physician.
- Implementing the treatment and pharmaceutical regimen prescribed by any person authorized by State law to prescribe the regimen.
- Providing teaching and counseling about the patient's health.
- Reporting and recording the plan for care, nursing care given, and the patients response to that care.
- Supervision, teaching and evaluating those who perform or are preparing to perform nursing functions and administering nursing programs and nursing services.
- Providing for the maintenance of safe and effective nursing care, whether rendered directly or indirectly.
- Monitors neurological, cardiac and medical patient status and implements and carries out treatment plan.
- Manages mechanically ventilated patients, is proficient in airway management of the intensive care patient.
- Proficient in managing patients with multi-system failure requiring intensive care.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in caring for patients requiring hemodynamic monitoring and treatment as ordered.
- Accurately interprets cardiac monitoring information and administers appropriate medications and therapies.
- Ability to monitor cardiac rhythms and respond appropriately.
This full time position working 7P - 7A in our Intensive Care Unit.
- Current RN license issued by the State of North Carolina.
- Current CPR/BLS, ACLS required.
- ICU experience required.
- Complete advanced training or specialty education or national certification.
- Three - five years of medical surgical and/or step down/telemetry nursing experience is preferred.
Job : ICU/CCU
Primary Location : NC-Hickory
Hospital/Facility : 334-Frye Regional Medical Center - Hickory, NC
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : 12 Hour Night
Shift begin time: 7:00 PM Shift end time: 7:00 AM