Description: Performs nonprofessional nursing tasks in the care and comfort of primarily adult and geriatric patients with Acute and chronic behavioral illness. Completes tasks as assigned by the RN (Registered Nurse). Performs specific treatment procedures under the direction of RN. Maintains clean and orderly patient care areas, equipment and supplies. Restock inventories and supplies to keep supplies readily available. Transfers patients to and from procedures as directed by charge nurse. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty or in another patient care unit as assigned by department head or nursing supervisor. Conducts group with adult and geriatric populations.
- Two (2) years experience in an acute behavioral care setting preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to detect changes in human physiological and psychological condition.
- Able to perform effectively in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Current American Heart Association - BLS Certification
- Current Crisis Intervention Certification
Job : Psychiatric/Behavioral
Primary Location : FL-Hialeah
Hospital/Facility : 329-Palmetto General Hospital - Hialeah, FL
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : Nights