Desert Regional Medical Center has provided a full range of quality medical care to one of the world's most famous resort area since 1951. Our 394 bed acute tertiary care facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the nation's oldest and largest hospital accreditation agency.
We are located in Palm Springs, California, historically renowned as a legendary celebrity getaway and resort community. The dramatic desert environment offers spectacular views of the beautifully landscaped gardens, royal palms, majestic mountains and clear blue skies. Palm Springs and the fast-growing surrounding areas offer a variety of well-known restaurants, shops, cultural activities such as theater, museums and film festivals, and outdoor recreation including championship golf, tennis, hiking and horseback riding.
The Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) is a perioperative nurse who may function as an assistant to the surgeon in the operating room during surgical procedures. The RNFA performs first assistant behaviors according to standardized hospital policies. In addition to first assisting, responsibilities may include circulating, scrubbing and other duties as assigned.
· Graduate of an approved school of Nursing, and posses a current California RN license
· Certified as a perioperative nurse (CNOR) required
· Completion of an approved/accredited RNFA course, including the completion of the required internship hours
· Proficient in perioperative nursing practice as both scrub and circulating nurse with diversified operating room experience.
· Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times)
· Effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with people on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships with patients, families, and co-workers inter- and intra-departmentally.
· Possess active listening skills.
· Demonstrates knowledge of current nursing theory and practice.
· Compassionate, non-judgmental patient caregiver and advocate.
· Must be able to tolerate physically and mentally demanding work.
· Possesses audible, visual, and manual acuity necessary for maintaining patient safety.
Completion of mandatory programs to meet JCAHO standards is a job requirement.
Job : Surgical Services
Primary Location : CA-Palm Springs
Hospital/Facility : 694-Desert Regional Medical Center - Palm Springs, CA
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : Evenings