Atlanta Medical Center is 2 acute care hospital campuses with a total of 762 beds, Atlanta Medical Center Main and Atlanta Medical Center South. Together, Atlanta Medical Center is the second largest licensed-bed hospital in Georgia.
We are an organization that has a Culture of Caring. If you are in your profession because you care about your patients, you care about quality, you care about customer service and you take pride in working hard to get the job done; then consider joining the Atlanta Medical Center family.
Our position is located at Atlanta Medical Center South, a 302 bed community hospital with a friendly "family" atmosphere, which has been an integral part of providing for the medical needs of South Fulton, Coweta, Fayette, Clayton and Douglas communities since 1963.
- Performs comprehensive systematic patient assessments within scope of practice, policies and procedures
- Documentation is performed according to hospital policy
- Promotes individualized instructions and dissemination of information to patients/family regarding Plan of Care
- Initiates appropriate actions or interventions in response to patients' condition
- Coordinates ongoing comprehensive patient reassessment according to unit guidelines, patients condition and responses treatment
- Performs appropriate screens to assess patients nutritional, fuctional and discharge status
- Initiates a written plan of care within 24 hours of admission
- Evaluates a patient response to plan of care and revises as appropriate
- Ensures communication to support the plan of care with patient/significant other and other healthcare team members
- Implements the patients written plan of care
- Obtains, verifies, administers and documents medications as per policies and procedures
- Initiates, administers and observes intravenous therapy according to hospital policies and procedures
- Performs or assists in procedures and therapies in accordance with policies and procedures and scope of practice guidelines
- Provides individualized instruction to patients and/or significant others regarding the plan of care and documents their understanding
- Initiates and documents actions or interventions based on patients condition and plan of care
- Provides psychosocial support and motivation to enable patients to function at their optimal level of independence
- Ensures patient's informed consent of procedures and therapies
- Evaluates and documents the patients response to plans of care and progress toward expected outcomes; revises plan as appropriate
Current Georgia RN license and BLS card.
Job : Psychiatric/Behavioral
Primary Location : GA-Atlanta
Hospital/Facility : 800-Atlanta Medical Center - Atlanta, GA
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : 12 Hour Night
Shift begin time: 7:00 PM Shift end time: 7:00 AM