We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse - RN whose compassion, clinical expertise, and excellence are top priority. As an RN, you will conduct patient assessments and develop and implement nursing care plans to foster quality outcomes. You will have the opportunity to apply sound judgment, clinical expertise, and execute critical nursing interventions to all patient populations within the patient care setting. This is a full time position working days as a nurse in the psychiatric unit at Frye Regional Medical Center in Hickory, North Carolina.
General Position Description:
- Charge nurse responsibilities
- Direct nurse/patient care duties, therapy procedures, techniques, or patient care
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Treatment team responsibilities
- Assistance with performance of special procedures, techniques, or patient care
- Patient and family teaching, counseling and therapeutic intervention
- Student and staff orientation and mentoring
- Nursing care planning and management.
- Attendance Policy
- Adherence to all core measure initiatives, patient safety goals, and NQF Safe Practices
About Behavioral Health at Frye Regional Medical Center
Frye’s General Adult Psychiatric Unit targets both individuals with impaired cognitive functioning and adults whose cognitive abilities may enable them to benefit from group interaction and apply gained insight for personal growth. In this acute care setting, adult clients first work towards gaining reality orientation and earning increased independence within the context of a warm, secure environment. As patients progress, they can also explore their issues with a physician-directed team of specialists. The program offers continuous evaluation and assessments and combines therapeutic groups and interventions with the social work needs of this population.
The adult unit encompasses a wide range of treatment issues. The professionals on our team are experienced in assisting patients with:
- Bipolar Disorders
- Psychosis/Schizophrenic Disorders
- Suicidal or Homicidal Ideation
- Anxiety, Panic Attacks or Phobias
- Marital Relationships or Family Problems
- Dementia-Related Behaviors
This posting is for one part-time position working 8 hours per pay period in the behavioral health unit.
- Current Registered Nurse License
- CPR Certified
Registered Nurse, RN, Staff Registered Nurse, Nursing, Medical, Psychiatric, Behavioral Health