- Maintains the instrument room in an orderly manner.
- Operates all instrument room equipment according to hospital procedure
- Informs purchasing department of all needed supplies and instruments.
- Prevents infection crossover of all equipment by following procedures.
- Handles all instruments to assure proper working order and sterilization.
- Assures trays are complete; notifies supervisors of missing instruments.
- Maintains proper record keeping for sterilization of trays, sterilization loads.
- Assures all surgical needles, instruments and sponges are properly accounted for during and upon completion of surgical procedures.
- Cares for equipment to prevent breakage, loss or inappropriate use.
- Maintains cost effectiveness by using only those supplies necessary.
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One year of central supply/instrument tech experience and recent acute care experience preferred.
- Preferred Skills and Abilities: Required ability to follow written and verbal direction.
Job : Surgical Services
Primary Location : CA-Fountain Valley
Hospital/Facility : 024-Fountain Valley Regional Hospital - Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type : PT2Y
Shift Type : Varied