- The Emergency Department Clinical Coordinator performs the clinical role of an RN III and:
- Oversees the throughput of patients through the Emergency Department in a timely, efficient, and organized manner.
- The Clinical Coordinator will assist with the expeditious processing of patient care services such as lab results, admission process, transportation and transfer of patients to the floor and communication with ancillary personnel.
- Works collaboratively with the Emergency Department Physician to keep them appraised of:
- Changes in patient’s condition
- Patients waiting to be seen or evaluated
- Delays in flow of patient care.
- The Clinical Coordinator is a liaison between nurses, physicians, patients and family members and will address customer concerns, making practical decisions and recommendations for problems and/or issues that arise during the shift.
- Is competent to act as a clinical resource for staff
- Helping staff to improve their competency and mastery of Emergency Nursing
- Is responsible for managing day to day performance issues with staff.
- Provides input to the Department Director for staff competencies and performance evaluations.
- The Clinical Coordinator assures that the shift supervisor is informed of pending admits/transfers through close communications with clerks, nurses, and physicians.
- The Clinical Coordinator reports to the Director of Emergency Services / Clinical Manager / House Shift Supervisor or designee and maintains open lines of communication regarding patient care issues or concerns regarding quality of care and/or system problems.
- Minimum of 5 years previous emergency room experience
- Successful mastery of nursing skills and knowledge related to a RN III position
- Previous experience or demonstrated skills in leadership and management
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintained current at all times)
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Certification (maintained current at all times)
Job : ER
Primary Location : CA-Indio
Hospital/Facility : 266-John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital - Indio, CA
Job Type : Full-time
Shift Type : 12 Hour Night