Additional Job Information
Title: Occupational Health Nurse RN
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: Seton Administrative Offices
Department: Employee Hlth and Wellness 001
Additional Job Details: PRN Days
Seton Healthcare Family offers rewarding and diverse career opportunities, superior benefits and excellent options for personal growth. Seton is always looking for dedicated and skilled individuals willing to share their hearts with those we serve.
The Seton Healthcare Family, a member of Ascension Health, is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas, serving an 11-county population of 1.8 million. The network includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, several strategically located health facilities that provide medical care for well patients and three primary care clinics for the uninsured. Four out of every ten overnight patients in the region receive their care at a Seton facility.
With more than 13,000 associates, Seton is the largest private employer in Central Texas and the only not-for-profit organization among the top 25 employers in the Austin area. In addition, Seton is home to four Magnet nursing facilities-University Medical Center Brackenridge, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, Seton Medical Center and Seton Northwest Hospital.
Austin is in the heart of the beautiful Texas hill country-only a few hours from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Enjoy a mild climate, affordable housing and no state income tax! Plus you'll have the chance to be part of a friendly city that offers something for everyone: lively nightlife, recreational activities, colleges & universities, lakes and family-oriented fun. Rich in history, cultural diversity, natural beauty and a vibrant blend of professions, Austin is a cosmopolitan city with a down-home feel. Whatever you like, Central Texas has something to offer.
Apply online attoday. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
CAREERS at Seton… Not just a living… It’s a way of life!
The Occupational Health Nurse RN provides health care services to the organization's employees in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Provides treatment for job related injuries and illnesses.
- Conducts pre-employment health screenings and immunization clinics.
- Ensures compliance with applicable workplace safety laws and regulations.
- May also conduct safety training programs.
- Provides employee counseling and referrals for occupational injuries and illnesses as well as other health-related matters.
- Documents the nursing process in care management, evaluates care effectiveness and documents all aspects of assessment and care management.
- Conducts health screening and surveillance activities including occupational and environmental health histories and health assessments.
- Assesses and identifies occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Assesses essential functions of job to facilitate hiring, proper placement, fitness for duty, reasonable accommodation and return to work.
- Implements occupational and environmental health and safety education and training which incorporate knowledge of current laws and regulations governing worker, worksite and community health and safety.
- Collaborates with other disciplines in regard to education and training programs.
- Collaborates with other professionals to identify potential exposures in the work environment through periodic worksite walk through, focused inspections, records review, job hazard analyses and incident investigations.
- Maintains and safeguards overall recordkeeping system and associate case management records in keeping with established codes of ethics and legal or regulatory requirements to assure confidentiality of health information.
- Uses case findings/screening/assessment to identify associates who are appropriate candidates for case management, early intervention, or with gaps in the service continuum.
- Implements effective return to work and modified duty programs.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates health promotion and disease prevention and control strategies and programs by providing programs and services that increase awareness of health issues and choices. Identifies resources that describe relevant research findings and applies them to practice.
- Assists in coordinating the provision of occupational health services and programs through participation in the formulation of goals, plans and decisions related to programs and services, and development of the budget for the program or service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 2 years of general nursing experience is required.
- HS or Equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Nursing is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license to practice in the state of Texas is required or must be obtained prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse or Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN/COHN-S) from the American Board for Occupational Health Nurses is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster: