|Facility:||Burleson St. Joseph Health Center (Caldwell)|
|Department:||BSJ EMERGENCY ROOM|
|Shift:||Any Day of the Week|
Plans, organizes and administers comprehensive nursing care in accordance with department policies, procedures and Emergency Nurses Association standards of care and directs nursing care activities of team members. Demonstrates competencies in the care and/or service to our patient/customers of all ages.
- Triages patients to severity of problem and ongoing assessment of patient's condition to ensure that proper care is provided to the patient.
- Provides nursing care to meet the patient's physical, psychological, and spiritual needs according to standards of care.
- Notifies physician of changes in assessment. Transcribes physician orders and ensures that orders are carried out in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Designs, directs, evaluates and documents the plan of care, patient/family teachings and discharge planning using multidisciplinary teaching (Social Services, Home Health, etc.) to insure a safe environment patient care and discharge.
- Follows hospital and department standards, policies and procedure to include falls prevention, phlebotomy, catheterizations, wound care, and all other indicated procedures to ensure compliance with system policies and procedures, regulatory agencies, Joint Commission and State and Federal requirements.
- Administers medication , notes patients' reactions to medication, starts and maintains intravenous infusion including the administration of IV medications to provide patients with safe, effective and high quality of care.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees and demonstrates an ongoing awareness of and participates in the Performance Improvement process to maintain high quality patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a prompt, courteous and professional manner to promote the organizations' Mission, Vision and Values.
- Obtains DON approval before working overtime shifts and attends all mandatory in-services, annual competency fairs and attends 75% of unit meetings per year to meet the needs of the department.
- Performs Charge Nurse responsibilities as assigned to include organizing, prioritizing, and delegating work flow and patient care, assessing performance of staff and providing feedback to DON, trouble shooting complaints, reporting incidents that occur during shift in KB core, hourly rounding of all areas and reporting any problems or issues that are identified, and oversees completion of unit specific task to ensure continuity of care and patient safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.