Provides direct patient care for outpatients within Fox Valley Cardiovascular Consultants clinics across all its locations. Functions as independent provider and responsible for maintaining efficient patient schedule. Documents visits accurately within the practice EMR. Works closely with patients and family members to provide diagnosis specific education as needed. Experience in physician office and/or hospital setting with strong working knowledge of cardiovascular disease preferred. Must have current State of Illinois licensure as a Physician Assistant or Advanced Practice Nurse.
· Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. (for NP position)
· Graduate of a Certified Nurse Practitioner program or PA Program/Certified as a Physician Assistant.
· Certified in CPR.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong commitment to preventive medicine and a team approach to health care delivery.
· Previous experience with clinical research protocols preferred. Knowledgeable about FDA guidelines and requirements.
· Knowledgeable in principles of adult learning and effective teaching techniques.
· Understands and practices principles of continuous quality improvement
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft office software.