The Care Manager is the leadership associate responsible for assisting with the planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the administrative operations and clinical practice activities within one or more areas on a twenty-four hour basis. A priority of this position is for the Care Manager to assist the Chief Retention Officer to achieve goals on staff development, staff satisfaction and staff retention. Provides patient reviews that are coordinated to provide a seamless, integrated system of care that is high value, cost effective and customer focused. The Care Manager is committed to creating a work environment that fosters pride, teamwork and continuous learning and associate ability to meet patient needs. The Care Manager must have knowledge of specialty services and related nursing standards and be aware of the changing health care environment locally and nationwide. The Care Manager must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and have an understanding and acceptance of Franciscan Philosophy and Standards of Service Excellence.
Qualifications: 2-4 years experience required; 5-8 years experience preferred
Education: Associate Degree required; Bachelor's preferred
1. New Jersey RN licensure
2. BLS through the American Heart Association
3. Membership in a professional organization
1. Bachelors Degree (if not possessed upon hire, a plan for completion will be a component of the appointment process)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
1. Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects: lead, mentor, and persuade others as needed to accomplish projects.
2. Ability to think critically, develop conceptual designs for clinical services and plan and organize successful projects.
3. Proficient knowledge of PC applications
4.Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Preferred:
1. Demonstrates the ability to function autonomously and is an independent decision maker
2. Demonstrates effectiveness as a group leader and participant and the ability to collaborate with multiple members of the health care and administrative leadership team
3. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to manage care appropriate to the age of the patient served within areas of responsibility
4. Incorporates knowledge of the principles of growth and development into service design and processes the ability to assess data reflective of the patients age specific needs.
5. Certified in area of practice/administration
Frequent/strenuous physical effort (e.g. heavy lifting, sustained physical effort, extensive carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.)
Primary Equipment Used:
1. Standard nursing devices
2. Specific emergency equipment
3. Patient transport equipment