When work is rewarding, life is rewarding.
Your talents are appreciated.
Your skills are sharpened.
Your life is enriched.
That’s what JFK is all about. Join us today in the following role
The Clinical OR Educator plans educational programs in response to perioperative care needs, trends, organizational needs, individual learning needs and identified needs from quality improvement activities ; implements educational activities to orient, develop, maintain and enhance perioperative and organizational competencies; evaluates programs for effectiveness and course participants for level and achievement of learning.
- Develops an Educational Plan for the Learning Activity (25%)
- Develops educational activities/materials, including objectives, goals, outlines which incorporate principles of adult learning and are appropriate to the learner’s level
- Investigates and integrates AORN/hospital practice standards into educational activities
- Conducts Educational Programs (25%)
- Provides educational resources and weekly in-service meetings for the OR staff as scheduled.
- Once monthly for the week-end per diem staff and weekly for the regular staff members.
- Acts as clinical resource for the OR staff members using evidence-based knowledge and perioperative standards, including back scrubbing and circulating with new staff members including Periop 101 interns
- Evaluates the Learning Activity (25%)
- Determines appropriate method for evaluation of the learning activity
- Determines if students have achieved an acceptable level of competence according to the perioperative departmental objectives, performance standards and learner’s responses.
- Remediates students in identified areas of knowledge and skill deficit, in conjunction with quality and performance improvement outcome measures
- Monitors staff compliance with organizational policies, accreditation standards, governmental regulations, and professional standard of care.
- Maintain employee educational data and personal file
- Collaborates and Consults with Internal/External Customers to Identify Learning Needs (15%)
- Gathers significant data to assess competencies and identify learning needs of individuals and groups.
- Collaborates with managers, hospital departments and others when preparing educational activities.
- Provides support as a liaison/consultant for perioperative educational planning and goal setting
- Mentors OR team members in the cultivation of leadership potential and enhancement of clinical skills
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures related to perioperative clinical practice
- Designs an Educational Plan for Learning Activity (10%)
- Identifies learning need based on assessment and identifies target audience
- Utilizes a variety of modalities to deliver educational program, including proficiency in use of audio-visual equipment
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS:
3-5 years of varied OR clinical experience
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION / SPECIAL SKILLS :
- Current NJ RN licensure
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Computer proficiency for communication and development of educational programs and materials
- CNOR Required (must be obtained within 3 months of hire)
- Active AORN Membership
JFK offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package reflective of our leadership position. Interested candidates are invited to apply online at http://tinyurl.com/JFKClinicalEdOR.
JFK Medical Center
Exceptional Care. Exceptional People.
65 James Street
Edison, NJ 08820
Equal Opportunity Employer