Coordinator, Clinical Risk Management and Patient Safety
Portland Oregon Metro Area and Vancouver, Washington
Legacy Health is a regional six-hospital health system, including a new state-of-the-art children’s hospital, offering a full range of primary and tertiary care services for both adults and children at sites throughout the Portland metropolitan and southwest Washington areas. We provide an integrated network of healthcare services, including acute and critical care, inpatient and outpatient treatment, a regional medical laboratory service, a research facility, community health education and other components of a complete health system. Legacy Health is known for its commitment to quality patient and family-centered care and team-oriented work environment.
It’s not just a great place to work, it’s also a great place to live. So why would you want to work for Legacy? When you consider everything we have to offer, the question becomes, “Why wouldn’t you?”
The qualified candidate will support Legacy Health’s clinical risk management and patient safety activities.
Primary responsibilities include: Partnering with clinical personnel in managing adverse outcomes, investigating incidents, recognizing, investigating and reporting potentially compensable events.
- Providing expertise in preventing, identifying, mitigating and controlling losses related to patient and visitor injury.
- Partnering with clinical personnel in the promotion of patient safety.
- Maintaining compliance with mandatory and voluntary patient safety reporting, and the control of related charges.
- Offering education, support and consultation to clinical personnel regarding clinical risk management and patient safety issues and practices.
- Facilitating root cause analyses, surveillance for and reporting events in compliance with Legacy Health policy and regulatory agency requirements, support of the investigation of patient grievances and real time risk management consultation.
- BSN required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare risk management or related field required.
- Current Oregon and Washington State RN license required.
We strive to be a diverse, culturally competent organization. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and inclusion to apply.
We offer a supportive environment that provides professional and personal fulfillment, career long learning and a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidates may view openings and apply online at www.legacyhealth.org/jobs. Please refer to position 14-1242. AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled