Additional Job Information
Title: RN - Med/Surg
City, State: Evansville, IN
Location: St Mary's Health System
Department: Medical Surgical 5 South
Additional Job Details: PRN Rotating
St. Mary’s Health, in partnership with St. Vincent in Indianapolis, is a member of Ascension Health – the nation’s largest Catholic and non-profit health system. We are a faith-based health ministry serving communities in Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky. With a medical staff of more than 750 physicians, St. Mary’s specializes in cardiac, surgical, orthopedic, rehabilitation, neurosciences, women’s, children’s, seniors, emergency, and trauma services. For more than 140 years, St. Mary’s has been guided by its mission of serving all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.
The RN - Med/Surg provides direct nursing care to medical-surgical patients in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Requirement: Graduate of Accredited Nursing Program.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Minimum Requirement: BLS Healthcare Provider Certification obtained by hire date to position.
- Minimum Requirement: Valid Registered Nurse license in the State of Indiana obtained by hire date to position.
How To Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking on the "Apply Now" button.
To apply later, return to the Employment page at.
In addition, you may apply via one of our Employment Kiosks in the Human Resources and Development Department located at 800 St. Mary's Drive in The Manor Building immediately across from the Emergency Room entrance.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST M-F.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary's will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
St. Mary's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
(link to E-verify site)