As a Clinical Practice Coordinator, you will coordinate and supervise daily Nursing Practice on an assigned shift. You will assist the Nurse Manager with the evaluation and remediation of staff, financial management, development of standards of practice and assessment of the patient outcomes in response to the patient care provided. Futher, you will act as a resource and mentor to staff.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Utilizes the nursing process in delivering care to assigned patients.
- Utilizes assessment data to determine patient's actual or potential problems.
- Oversees plans for proper nursing interventions, adjusts care as appropriate.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care team members in developing and implementing plan of care
- Evaluates patient's responses to interventions.
- Understands and utilizes Care Maps and supervises staff compliance with Care Maps and Variances.
- Participates in the education of patient and/or significant other.
- Explains procedures and interventions to patient as indicated/requested.
- Recognizes and utilizes health teaching opportunities and resources/ materials available for teaching.
- Assesses the effectiveness of patient teaching by feedback from patient and/or family.
- Participates in interdisciplinary discharge planning activities.
- Identifies discharge planning activities and oversees staff participation in preparation of patients for discharge.
- Leads discharge planning rounds as necessary.
- Evaluates assigned nursing staff performance on shift collaboratively with the Nurse Manager.
- Participates in the hiring, training, disciplining and supervision of staff. Evaluates performance and ensures appraisals are completed on a timely basis.
- Utilizes appropriate method of documentation according to departmental policy.
- Oversees the documentation of staff on the unit by reviewing charts prior to discharge in entirety and Ongoing daily documentation.
- Collaboratively with the Nurse Manager manages the financial goals of the unit.
- Provides guidance and assistance to nursing staff in clinical and managerial issues, bed assignments, equipment failure, occurrences, EOC issues, etc.
- Provides supervision/direction to Nursing staff in planning, implementing and evaluating patient care.
- Performs all duties of a Registered Professional Nurse in Nursing.
- Collaborates with other departments to facilitate the delivery of patient care services.
- Collaborates with instructors of affiliated nursing programs in student assignment to selected patients.
- Serves as a resource for problem solving and as a role model to other members of the team.
- Provides education remediation to staff as needed; coordinates curriculum for in-house education; provides in-services for staff as follow-through for Nurse Educator and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Represents unit on assigned committees and communicates committee's activity to manager and staff.
- Assigns Nursing Care based on procedures and skill level required; and ensures assignments are completed by staff
- Collaborates on development, implementation and evaluation of standards of care and practice.
- Monitors compliance with standards established by regulatory agencies.
- Communicates unit activity, staffing patterns and pertinent information to Nurse Manager.
- Supports, facilitates, and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Communicates unit activity and changes to Nurse Manager, and/or Supervisor.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited program within 24 months of employment, if hired after September 1, 2010 and obtain a BSN degree within five (5) years of employment date.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- BLS/ACLS, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in Nursing. Experience in related clinical area, preferred.
- Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.