Outstanding Leadership Opportunity Available for a Director of Clinical Documentation Improvement in Nassau County, Long Island
Highly Competitive Salary and Full Benefits Package
Take the next step in your career with a premier healthcare system with a reputation for excellence. As the Director of Clinical Documentation Improvement, you will be responsible for the CDI department and ensure the accurate depiction of the level of clinical services and patient severity. Please contact our recruitment team at (212) 766-0200 with any questions about this opportunity!
- Ensure that clinical documentation accurately reflects the level of service rendered and severity of illness for all patients.
- Oversee system to identify admissions with specific diagnosis/DRG classifications or other categories of admissions.
- Work with medical records, finance and physician groups to develop systems to facilitate complete documentation for data reporting purposes.
- Develop and manage direct reports and oversee the development of indirect reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing / BSN required.
- Master's Degree / MSN preferred.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse License.
- At least 7 years of experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience in chart review.
- Regulatory background and DRG reimbursement knowledge preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.