PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Home Health (6000)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity to join our Home Health team as aNurse Manager, Patient Servicesin Eugene, Oregon.
This position, under the leadership of the Director Home Health Services, is responsible for the overall management of clinical-related operations, services and outcomes for the home health program, as well as direct supervision and management of assigned staff and the clinical per diem pool.
- Manage home care clinical services and operations in collaboration with the Director and Patient Care managers.
- Manage, supervise, coach and train assigned staff while providing leadership and serving as a resource in the overall delivery of home health services. This includes participating in hiring, firing, and staff performance/competency evaluations.
- Plan, analyze, implement and evaluate clinical/patient care related operations, processes and outcomes to assure quality, efficient and cost-effective patient care services and care coordination.
- Ensure efficient clinical care coordination systems are in place and operations to facilitate communication, collaboration and quality patient care throughout the care continuum.
- Monitor/assess patient care services, clinical documentation and patient/customer satisfaction to assure quality clinical outcomes, as well as appropriate reimbursement for services rendered.
- Have working knowledge and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and department/organization policies, procedures and practice issues.
- Facilitate and manage centralized staffing unit to achieve cost-effective and efficient visit/staff scheduling services.
- Participate in program evaluations and prepare written reports as required.
- Participate in budget preparation/process relating to patient care services/operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN and/or MSN.
- Minimum of five years clinical nursing experience required.
- Three years experience in home health, including two years in home health management or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Oregon Registered Nurse licensure required by date of hire.
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications.
Location:Home Health (406)
Job Category: Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Salary range starts at: $37.23
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR||Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care||Full Time||CARE CONTINUUM SVCS