PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Workplace Wellness (4190)
Performs employment-related services and assists in the healthcare of workers. Assures professional, quality care is provided for patients of all ages according to established standards and practices.
State issued Licensed Practical Nurse or Medical Assistant-Certified or Medical Assistant-Interim credential required.
1.Assists the Clinician in treatment of work-related injuries, administers medications per clinician orders and evaluates and documents its effectiveness.
2.Provides client education in areas related to safety, first aid, CPR and others.
3.Assures proper maintenance of patients' records.
4.Performs client services related to Occupational Health and Safety.
5.Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Prior experience in Occupational Health preferred.
• Valid state driver’s license
• State issued Licensed Practical Nurse or Medical Assistant-Certified or Medical Assistant-Interim credential required.
• NIOSH Spirometry Certification within 6 months of date of hire required.
• CAOHC Certification within 6 months of date of hire required.
• DOT drug screen sample collection certification within 6 months of date of hire required.
• DOT breath alcohol technician certification within 6 months of date of hire required.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required at date of hire.
• Demonstrates a courteous, caring and understanding attitude towards patients, clients, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers and medical providers.
• Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively as part of a cohesive team and independently with little supervision.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, interruption prone environment.
• Demonstrates creative problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks utilizing limited resources.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills.
• Direct patient care skills to include, but not limited to: assisting with wound cleansing, dressing and suturing; suture removal; splint application/removal; range of motion treatment; heat and cold therapy; medication administration; and respiratory treatment.
• Must have capacity to perform collection of legal laboratory specimens.
• The ability to skillfully drive a 35 foot mobile clinic
Location: Longview, WA
Job Category: Other Technicians & Technologists
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $14.35
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Certified Medical Assistant - Washington; Drivers License
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Longview, WA || Other Technicians & Technologists || Per Diem/Relief || WELLNESS SVCS