|Job Title:||Nurse (RN)|
|Area of Interest:||Nursing|
|Location:||Childrens Hospital Los Angeles|
|City:||Los Angeles - 90057|
|Positon Type:||Full Time - Regular|
|Overview:||Responsible for managing nursing and clinical support at AltaMed clinics. Provides leadership for nursing and clinical support functions. Works collaboratively on clinical operations with the Administrative Leadership Team. Serves as team leader. Develops and implements quality, cost-effective, efficient systems and protocols for standardizing processes of patient care at clinics.|
1. Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are current, supervisor competencies, training in policies and procedures, and managing all aspects support including triage in clinic.
2. Responsible for supporting the recruitment, screening and hiring of competent nursing and clinical support staff.
3. Prepares, develops, revise and maintains the clinic’s nursing, clinical support and operational protocols.
4. Support regulatory audit activities in collaboration with Clinic Leadership and Compliance Department.
5. Responsible for ensuring teaching, training and competencies for clinic staff as needed.
6. Maintains acceptable standards of nursing care, based on community, JCAHO and AltaMed standards.
7. Works collaboratively with Clinic Leadership in planning and implementing medical services.
8. Develop and manage performance improvement projects in coordination with Clinic Leadership.
9. Responsible for infectious control program for the clinic.
10. Assist with monitoring of quality and compliance with all nursing standards (including, but not limited to, development of audits for EHR nursing documentation and facility audits as it relates to back office).
11. Responsible for indirect oversight of all nursing & clinic personnel.
12. Functions as the triage nurse for the clinic.
13. Instructs patient and/or family on follow-up care.
14. Documents activities (e.g. medication, immunization records, nursing care plans, etc.).
15. Communicates, coordinates and consults with members of the health team while performing nursing responsibilities.
16. Responsible for ordering medication and clinic supplies or may assign a designee.
17. Responds to all medical emergencies and will take the lead in management of the situation as indicated.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned. of nursing care and clinical
|Skills and Abilities:|
1. Excellent time management and leadership skills.
2. Detail oriented, thorough and the ability to motivate.
3. Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
4. Computer literacy, preferred
1. Accredited school of nursing graduate with a current California State Board of Nursing License coupled with a minimum of 1-2 years hospital or clinic related nursing experience required.
2. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.