|Facility:||St. Joseph Regional Health Center (Bryan)|
|Department:||SJH ST JO EXPRESS|
|Shift:||Any Day of the Week|
- Completes health assessment of patients by collecting health histories, performs physical examinations and uses basic laboratory and other diagnostic procedures to maximize patient outcomes. Assesses patient`s condition and progress and determines his/her ability to return to work and at what capacity he/she can perform the essential functions of the position.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic procedures and therapeutic interventions as needed.
- Uses established protocol and collaborates with physician in providing emergency care services for injuries/illnesses and/or in the management of acute and long term medical needs of patients to maximize patient outcomes.
- Assesses patients' condition and progress to determine his/her return to work status to ensure quick return to work.
- When necessary triages patients using triage Policy and Procedures approved criteria to maximize patient outcomes.
- Performs educational assessment on patients/parents, by teaching, or counseling with them verbally or with written materials. Makes patient aware of available community resource services. Assesses patient/parent for barriers to learning and documents patient/parents understanding. Teaches health and illness prevention to increase patient health awareness.
- Reviews and initials patient records, results and other pertinent information before giving to nurse. Returns patient phone messages, in a timely manner to maximize patient communication.
- Prepares written prescription(s) for patients and documents this on the flow sheet at the time of visit to accurately track care. Prepares prescription for controlled substances as per protocol and under the direction of a physician and documents this on the flow sheet at the time of visit. Documents in chart and logs on distribution sheet all sample drugs given to the patient. Reviews refill requests, approves and or denies and distributes to nurse.
- Dictates and or writes on each patient file within 24 hours of provider office visit to accurately track care.
- Administers injections, immunizations, and oral medications when LVN is unavailable to maximize patient outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.