LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE
|Facility:||Burleson St.Joseph Manor (Caldwell)|
|Department:||BJM NURSING HOME|
|Shift:||Any Day of the Week|
CHARGE NURSE: Gives basic and skilled nursing care and medication administration, observes and reports patients' condition to Physician, performs other tasks and duties within his/her capability to provide high quality patient care within the Nurse Practice Act and other governmental agencies. Provides guidance and assistance to CNA's/CMA's; Charge nurse is accountable to the registered nurse/Director of Nursing.
- Prepares and reviews medical records and nurses` notes, assess residents to evaluate their physical and emotional status. Monitors resident activity and provides nursing care according to the physicians` orders, care plans, established standards and facility policies. Coordinates and assists or prepares for new admissions, transfers, and discharge of residents. Transcribes physicians` telephone orders. Communicates with residents, family members, and other interdisciplinary team members and management regarding resident status.
- Prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician in accordance with nursing standards and facility policies. Signs, dates, and performs all charting and record keeping in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Supervises and directs the CNA/CMA staff in the delivery of resident care and monitors their performance.
- Understands, complies with and promotes all rules regarding resident rights.
- Assists and participates in developing and implementing a written care plan for individual residents that addresses the needs of the resident.
- Participates in in-service training, assists and implementing orientation programs and job skills training, and maintaining professional competence.
- Monitors environment and care practices of nursing personnel to ensure compliance with established safety, fire and disaster, infection control and all other departmental policies and procedures are followed, ensures cleanliness and safety of work and treatment areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.