LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE
|Facility:||Madison St. Joseph Health Center (Madisonville)|
|Department:||MSJ MEDICAL FLOOR|
|Shift:||Any Day of the Week|
- Provides quality nursing care to support patient healing.
- Communicates effectively withpatients about their diagnosis and the nursing care to be performed so that information may beobtained to assist in providing high quality care and to offer patient reassurance.
- Maintainsawareness of, and practices established nursing standards in carrying out duties for high qualitypatient care.
- Fulfills continuing education, current license and/or certification requirements toadhere to patient care standards.
- Complies with MSJ/SJHS safety policies and proceduresand regulatory requirements (Joint Commission, DSHS, BNE, OSHA) to provide safe andeffective patient care.
- Maintains ongoing assessment of patient`s condition, notifies RN and physician of patient status changes.
- Provides assistance to the RN and multidisciplinary team members with data collection for discharge planning, nursing care, and patient/family teaching.
- Obtains physician orders for patient care and is responsible for ensuring orders are carried out.
- Delivers accurate report to oncoming shift and accepts report from off-going shift to provide continuity of care.
- Keeps abreast of new development in medical and nursing fields by participation at inservices, workshop, annual competency fair and reading current nursing journals to acquire ongoing knowledge for continued quality patient care.
- Adminsters oral, IM, subcutaneous and IV medications to patients maintaining medication administration policy, procedures, standards of care and regulations in patient medication safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.