PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the clinic/outpatient setting in compliance with professional practice standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs. This includes assessing patient’s condition, triaging patient phone calls, counseling patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
4. Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
• One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the stateof Washington.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• ACLS may be required within six months of date of hire.
• See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
• Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
• Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
• Effective prioritization skills
• Ability to provide health education to patients, staff and community
• Knowledge of Medicare, JCAHO & HCFA regulations pertaining to ambulatory care
Location: Bellingham, WA
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $27.97
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham, WA || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || WOMENS SVCS & OB/GYN