Utilizes advanced knowledge and clinical expertise in providing home-based primary care healthcare services to patients and their families. Works in collaboration with other nurse practitioners and physicians on the Holy Redeemer Home-based Primary Care team and is directly accountable for making clinical judgments using independent and interdependent decision-making skills. Provides direct and indirect patient care in managing the healthcare needs of patients and families. Provides primary care to patients using advanced skills in physical examination, diagnosis, and treatment. Prescribes and implements interventions identified in the interdisciplinary plan of care. Writes medical orders (medications, tests, and invasive procedures) and may perform invasive procedures subject to agency policies and procedures. Provides patient/family education and counseling. Functions as a consultant, educator, researcher, resource, and role model for patients, families, community, nursing personnel, and other healthcare providers. Functions in a leadership position to facilitate achievement of patient care and organizational goals. Evaluates the quality of care rendered by the home-based primary care program. Analyzes and promotes system changes to enhance quality of care and organizational effectiveness/ efficiency. Utilizes and conducts research to promote improved outcomes for patients and families serviced by the home-based primary care program. Assumes responsibility for own professional development. Responsible for assuring program’s compliance with local, state, federal, government regulations, and Joint Commission standards. Functions as a liaison in the community articulating and reinforcing the Holy Redeemer Home-based Primary Care program story and value of its service. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external customers, including employees, physicians, facilities and community members.
- Currently licensed as a professional nurse in the Commonwealth of New Jersey
- Masters degree in Nursing from an accredited nurse practitioner training program
- National certification (CRNP) in advanced practice nursing speciality of Adult Health or Gerontology from certification body (ANCC, AANP, ONCC, NBCHPN)
- Successful completion of not less than 45 hours of course work in advanced pharmacology with an additional 16 hours in continuing education in advanced pharmacology per biennium
- CRNP prescriptive authority by the State Board of Nursing
- Ability to enter a collaborative agreement with the Director of the Holy Redeemer Home-based Primary Care program
- Ability to provide advanced practice nursing care and services to patients and families
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team
- Leadership skills with demonstrated willingness to pursue and perform leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, decision making responsibilities, and coaching, teaching and counseling skills
- Two years clinical experience as a professional nurse
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing healthcare environment
- Excellent communication skills, customer service skills and positive leadership style
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s license and current CPR
- Ability to travel to patients’ homes within service area
- Ability to use office equipment, i.e., beeper, car phone, desktop computer, and handheld computer
- Ability to transfer/accommodate 50-100 lbs.
- Ability to perform various position changes, reaching, pulling, pushing, crouching, and stooping when performing patient care.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing/walkingAbility to work flexible hours, incuding holidays and weekends