JOB DESCRIPTION POSITION REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: Staff Nurse I or II
CC/Department: 6010/Intensive Care Unit
Reports to: Nurse Manager
The Staff Nurse is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for the assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for patients and their families in compliance with the standards for care atSetonMedicalCenter, Daughters of Charity and Nurse Practice Act.
· Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing.
· Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
· Staff Nurse II Minimum of six months Registered Nurse experience.
· Recent Critical Care experience with post open heart and post PCI, hemodynamic monitoring, pacemaker insertion, IABP preferred
· Hemodynamic Monitoring experience preferred
· CurrentCalifornialicensure as a Registered Nurse.
· Current Basic Life Support certification.
· Current ACLS certification.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
· Knowledgeable of theCaliforniaNursing Practice Act.
· Able to understand and follow all policies, procedures, guidelines, rules and regulations of Nursing Service, Seton Medical Center, Daughters of Charity Health System, Title XXII.
· Excellent customer service & communication skills.
Adherence to theMissionand Values ofSetonMedicalCenterand the Daughters of Charity Health System:
Daughters of Charity Health SystemMissionStatement
In the spirit of our founders, St. Vincent de Paul, St. Louise de Marillac, and St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, the Daughters of Charity Health System is committed to serving the sick and the poor. With Jesus Christ as our model, we advance and strengthen the healing mission of the Catholic Church by providing comprehensive, excellent healthcare that is compassionate and attentive to the whole person: body, mind and spirit. We promote healthy families, responsible stewardship of the environment, and a just society through value-based relationships and community based collaboration.
Daughters of Charity Health System Vincentian Values
Respect Recognizing our own value and the value of others.
Compassionate Service Providing excellent care with gentleness and kindness.
Simplicity Acting with integrity, clarity and honesty.
Advocacy for the Poor Supporting those who lack resources for a healthy life and full human development.
Inventiveness to Infinity Being continuously resourceful and creative.