This position is responsible for all aspects of nursing care and the supervision of clinical support and nursing staff. The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day staff activities. Will interact, coordinate, and facilitate activities with all disciplines, departments, and appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and comprehensive completion of initial and re-assessments with particular attention to the nursing component, including specific short- term nursing goals in each individualized plan of care.
- Maintains acceptable standards of nursing care, based on program specific regulatory requirements as well as Joint Commission and AltaMed standards.
- Assist with interviewing and hiring of clinical support and nursing staff.
- Responsible for competency training, in-services, and assessments including but not limited to venipuncture, Infection control, Injections, immunizations, protocols, and nursing documentation as appropriate.
- Assists with preparing for various private, county, and state audits.
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of all logs, including monitoring, administering, and recording ordered medications.
- Responsible for ensuring the ordering and maintaining of adequate supplies and equipment. May delegate to staff members as needed.
- Responds to medical emergencies and will take the lead in management of the situation as indicated.
- Screen and triage “walk-in” and “telephonic patient contacts” as needed.
- Provides health education and counseling to the participant and family when indicated by the plan of care.
- Acts as liaison between departments, in addition community providers, specialists, institutions, home health agencies, DME vendors, and appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures and supports the Quality Improvement Programs, and Utilization Management (PACE) programs/strategies.
- Participates as an active member of the inter or multi-disciplinary team to assess the nursing need of the patient.
- Accurately assesses and documents patient status to support the regulatory review and approvals of initial enrollment (LOC for PACE).
- Ensures annual review of program policies and procedures, modifying as appropriate and consistent with appropriate standards.
- Supervises, coordinates and ensures efficient operations in the clinical setting as appropriate.
- Completes subordinates performance evaluations in a timely manner with coaching and appropriate ongoing communications with staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.