PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and nine medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Healing—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
Department:Operating Room RB (3000)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity to join our OR at RiverBend as a RN Staff Nurse. This position is 25 hrs/wk (10 hour shifts), night shift position.
This position assists the Charge Nurse in providing and coordinating unit activities to assure compassionate patient care. Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Major responsibilities included but not limited to:
1. Asses, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the health care record according to standards.
3. Participates in process improvement activities.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Directs and delegates care to other team members.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing Approved program.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.(CNOR)
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Oregon.
- A minimum of 1 year current experience as an OR staff nurse.
- Position includes a night shift differential
- This position will qualify for full time benefits.
Special Skills Required:
- Ability to independently circulate major cases in a full service OR. Scrub experience preferred.
- Demonstrates a caring, respectful and compassionate attitude towards all people
- Takes responsibility for personal growth.
- Takes initiative to meet the challenges within the environment.
- Oriented toward solutions through collaboration.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis, push/pull, bend/twist/stoop, walking/standing/sitting, repetitive motion.
Location:SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:10 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $33.00
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Part Time || SURGICAL SVCS