|Weiss Memorial Hospital-Chicago,Illinois|
* Masters Degree preferred
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is an advance practice nurse responsible for comprehensive direct patient care management. The NP utilizes advanced skills obtained through completion of NP approved nurse practitioner program. These skills include advanced levels of assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care. The NP manages a caseload of patients and coordinates decision making with the physician, in the assessment, diagnosis, and initiation of delegated medical treatments. The scope of practice includes family support, discharge planning, patient education, and consultation.
1. Masters in Nursing required.
2. Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois
3. Completion of an NP approved Nurse Practitioner Program required.
4. Current certification as a Nurse Practitioner (in family, adult, or geriatric nursing)
5. Three years clinical experience
6. CPR certification
7. Effective interpersonal skills in order to communicate with the health care team and patients and their families